Saturday, August 23, 2014

Baby your skin with Live Clean (baby) Calming Bedtime products

By Giselle Wedemire

In my opinion, babies are like beards: they're pretty cool, but I don't ever want to have one of my own. However, babies have kind of cornered the market on smelling good and having super soft skin, which are both pretty cool things that I wouldn't mind having for myself.

So, when I received (baby) Calming Bedtime,* Live Clean's latest line of baby bath products, I jumped at the chance to baby my skin. Packed with skin-soothing safflower and coconut oils and relaxing essential oils like vanilla, lavender, chamomile, and jasmine, the bubble bath and lotion in Live Clean (baby)'s Calming Bedtime collection sound like a recipe for stress relief for anyone, young or old. 



After a full day at work and an invigorating evening of living room yoga, I set myself up for a more grown-up version of a baby's nighttime bubble bath. Armed with a glass of vegan wine, a great book to read during my relaxing soak, and a tub teeming with bubbles, I got down to business and tested out how effective these products can be on an adult who sets her own bedtime, thankyouverymuch

Here's what I think of Live Clean (baby)'s Calming Bedtime collection:

LC (baby) Calming Bedtime Bubble Bath and Wash
This had a very mild, yet soothing scent that was only slightly reminiscent of baby powder and lavender -- certainly not in your face like some powder- or lavender-scented baby bath products can be. The bubble bath's formula created a decent amount of bubbles (though if you're expecting oodles of bubbles, you've come to the wrong place: as a natural formula, this product's lacking the sulfates that are responsible for huge yields of bubbles that you've probably come to expect from many mainstream brands).

While I'm more partial to showers than baths, this product seemed to help me enjoy myself, and it helped me unwind so much that I nearly fell asleep in the tub. 

Note: I'm not entirely sure if the calming properties of the bubble bath were the culprit behind my mid-bath drowsiness or if it was the wine or the warm water (or a combination of the three), but I feel like the bubble bath's fragrance itself did put my mind and body at ease.


LC (baby) Calming Bedtime Baby Lotion
This had the same fragrance notes as the bubble bath did, but the scent was more concentrated -- though still quite mild -- in the lotion itself. In terms of consistency, it seemed a bit thin compared to Live Clean's Exotic Nectar body lotion (my all-time favourite body lotion. Ever.)

That could be because it's a lighter formula (since babies' skin cells are comprised of more water than adults', so they don't need as much hydration as we do), or it could be because the ingredients in this moisturizer are naturally lighter/thinner than those in the argan oil lotion. Either way, this was a very gentle moisturizer that didn't irritate my super-sensitive skin, and it left my skin feeling moisturized without that heavy feeling some body lotions can impart.

Fun facts:
  1. Later that night, after my grown-up bubble bath, I ended up having the best sleep I've had in a long time. How's that for results?!
  2. Just for fun, I also incorporated this collection into my morning routine one day and, unlike any other morning shower I've had, I didn't feel energized at all. In fact, it took a brisk walk to work and about two and a half cups of strong black coffee before I began to shake my zen-like state of fatigue calm. Clearly, these products mean business when they claim that they'll calm a fussy baby.)

The verdict
I love this collection and I happily give it a 5-star rating. These products get the job done and are perfect for relaxing Picky Bitches of all ages, especially since the collection is both vegan and gluten-free! 

You can find Live Clean (baby) Calming Bedtime bubble bath and baby lotion (both $6.99) at Wal-Mart and Loblaw's stores across Canada.

Have you tried any of these products? Let us know what you think of them by commenting on this post or by tweeting us at @PickyBitchez

*Live Clean (baby) Calming Bedtime products were sent to me to review

No comments:

Post a Comment